Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, February 9, 2021 — The Association of African Development Finance Institutions (AADFI) published the Report of the 2020 Prudential Standards, Guidelines, and Rating System (PSGRS) Self-Assessment and Peer Review on Friday, February 5, 2021, following its approval by the AADFI Board of Directors (BOD) at its 98th meeting held on February 1, 2021.
The Board had earlier adopted two specific measures introduced to increase the credibility of the PSGRS self-assessment exercise and to strengthen the peer review process which includes:
- The cross-checking of the self-assessment results against information requested and obtained directly from all participating institutions or with information extracted from their most recent annual reports; and
- The categorization of the ranking into three categories (A, B and C) by classifying the participating institutions that scored 80% and above based on their developmental impact, assessed using other rigorous criteria.
It is important to note that the new measures introduced are related to the implementation of the evaluation system only, and have not changed anything in the PSGRS mechanism. Nevertheless, as a result, a new statistical series of AADFI ratings is presented, which includes 22 institutions that scored 80% and above at the 2020 self-assessment exercise. Among these institutions are:
- Four (4) highly deserving institutions, with a very strong developmental impact over the medium term;
- Twelve (12) deserving institutions, with a strong developmental impact over the medium term; and
- Six (6) fairly deserving institutions, of which the developmental impact needs to be strengthened in the short term.
Details of the PSGRS and the 2020 Self-Assessment Report could be assessed at the AADFI website: http://adfi-ci.org/downloads/psgrs
Warning: Array to string conversion in /home/wfdfi/public_html/wp-content/themes/experts/includes/library/functions.php on line 304